Competition guys, please read this!

Malcolm

Supporter
Further to Frank spotting the fact that TWMC and SEMSEC have decided to muck us about on Lydden dates I have now had to reorganise a chunk of our calendar.

The 3rd May and 4th September Lydden sprints are no longer on. The 5th June date is still on as a half day event. 5th June is now the start date of our season which is a real bummer being so late, but hey lets be positive thinkers and say it gives JP plenty of time to get his mythical MDA finished! Well, we can but hope.....

I have managed to replace the 4th September date with a Borough 19 MC sprint at Lydden on 28th August just after our track day. This is a full day event so no risk of racers trying to nick our pit slots, eh Jools?

A full list of events will be included in the next magazine.

Now to make things more even for next year I have decided that cars with dry sumps ought to be excluded. In addition yellow cars will have all times doubled. Please can you confirm your support to these radical but highly necessary rule changes.

Malcolm

Excellent news Malcolm! After winning on the 5th June, I will celebrate the following week with my wife on her birthday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Those changes to the rules need tweeking a little, those with Gulf colour schemes should be forced to run on diesel! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

J.P

P.S The mythiological MDA with 2 heads, 8 legs, four eyes and wings wil hatch in Spring. And what a creature it shall be......

Malc, if we want to make sure of beating James just once, why not enter the Lydden Sprint on the 3rd April, the MDA may not be ready, but we will! Frank

Malcolm, can you exclude all cars that are not genuine original Ford GT40s or do not have Quaife 6 speed dog boxes?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hi Malc, Thanks for the info on the competition changes for 2004, suits me fine as it will give me chance to have my car resprayed in a more suitable colour, also as i am playing golf in portugal in april and may it will give me chance to reduce my golf handicap even further (look out TIGER WOODS)
Cheers Dave /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Frank, why only beat JP the once? Be more ambitious!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd better get some intensive "DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT" practice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

P.S I might be starting the season on a full race licence!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif SNEAKY EH! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
How many wheels does a race licence have?

[/ QUOTE ]

4 wheels, but its hard work uphill. You have to pedal like mad! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I would love to start with slicks, but alas it appears that even with a race licence you still need it to be upgraded to use slicks in the sports libre class. Bollocks!

Just have to drive that bit harder then! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ho ho ho Malc -

no dry sumps and and no yellow cars eh? - what about Nos?

James - when is the shakedown expected? if you intend to compete pre the clubs events, let me know and i'll enter too! - sorry, I mean come and watch..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dave - behind every successful man is..... (ps - you play too much Golf!)

Frank - are you competing in a 40 at Lydden in April? - might have a go myself if you are and its not too late....

Mike - and in answer to my previous question......

Back