Kit Car show Detling

Are there any '40 owners planning to attend?
I'll be going in my GTD on Sunday 4th April if anybody is interested in meeting up and going together.
Simon

Brian Magee

Supporter
Hi Simon
I see elsewhere that you have had your first drive and that the car passed the MOT. Congratulations.
I would love to come to Detling but not certain whether I will get the time. Do you have to book or can you just turn up?
I will speak to some of the other locals and see if they are going.

Brian.

Hi Brian,
It's worth the trip usually, I've only ever seen one GT40 there. No booking needed.
Yes the car sailed through the MOT, so I drove home ready to get my road tax. Only then did I discover when looking through my insurance gubbins, that my insurace comany didn't send me a cover note/insurance certificate so I've not been able to drive the car again. very frustrating. Hopefully the postie will be here first thing in the morning.

Hi Guy's

I have been to this show for the last three years, it is a very good show lots of car's & stall’s there is always an impressive collection of Cobra's, it would make my day to see some GT40's there as well, when mine is finished in a year or so I will certainly be displaying it there.

Hope to see you there,

Chris.

I'll be there on Saturdayif anybody fancies meeting up. The only car I have sen for the past 2 years is the Mark III attached, anyone know who's it is?

Attachments

• 33956-Dsc00157a.jpg
    33956-Dsc00157a.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 292

Brian Magee

Supporter
I believe the MkIII is the car of David Gibbons from Eastborne.
After bodywork damage in a road accident it is being converted to a Mk.I

Brian.

I Might venture out if the weather's ok, How about you Brian / Roy ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Simon/Chris,
Just had my pass re-stamped for Sunday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. Simon, Want to travel down in the morning?

Brett

PS Mail me as I'm in Madrid most of the week

Brian Magee

Supporter
Simon

If it is not snowing Ian and myself will be coming with our cars. If you are there first, save us some spaces

Brian..

Brian Magee

Supporter
Hi Simon and Brett

No It was not snowing here, I had an overheating problem about 15 miles from home so we had to call off. Maybe see you at Stoneleigh May 2nd

Brian.

Brian,
Never mind, I'll have to see if my good behaviour pass is valid for the AGM /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Mac Kerr was there and we had a great chat for an hour or 2. See you soon

Brett

Back