Hello and Merry Christmas from New member

Merry Christmas everyone. My name is Mike Filippello. I just picked up a 1995 GTD40 from a customer who brought it over from the UK. I am located in Tampa FL. Just wanted to introduce myself as I start to navigate through this new world that is all things GT40. The car is pretty well sorted out (previously worked on by Frank Catt) and I'm just getting familiar with the car. I am attaching a link to the auction site that has all the pictures. I figure that is easier than trying to upload individual pics. I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has history with this vehicle. I have talked to Frank a little regarding things to possibly address in the future as well as Dave from SD Racing regarding the current engine build/specs. Car came with a book with a lot of the history of work done over the years. One of the things I'd like to change is the current exhaust to a crossover setup. If anyone has suggestions for something state side I am all ears. I reached out to Tornado as their exaust is supposed to fit this chassis and motor tranny combo (SB302/Renaut UN1). Seems pretty nice.

Here is the link and I look forward to meeting everyone.

Mike

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40s, Mike…
Looks like you’ve gotten a pretty nice GT there!
Please feel free to share more in the Build Logs section of our forums.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40S Mike. Please start a build thread when you start updating your 40. Looks like you have a good starting platform .
Enjoy the forum !!!
Regards Brian

David Garton

Supporter
Welcome to the forum Mike and Merry Christmas. Looks like a very nice car you have purchased and I hope to see you on the road with it. I live about thirty miles north of you in Spring Hill and am working on my own build. Congratulations on you purchase.
David Garton

Back