Stripes

I thought it would be interesting to see the stripes that people are using. My painter is after me about their dimensions.I have a general idea of what I want, but some pics and dimensions would be very informative. Would light stripes on a dark car look the same as the dark stripes on the light cars? How about a pin stripe (1/2 inch) outside the main stripes? My colors are going to be the new Dark Shadow Grey from Ford, probably with some extra Pearl in it if it doesn't lightenup the color, and a new color from PPG that was concocted by some guys in Nashville I believe, called Copperhead. Its a 6 or 7 color paint that uses a lot of clear with it. I plan to use (for now) two straight stripes the width of the vent on the rear hatch with about a one inch seperation. A smily face whith these colors wouldn't look bad either. If I can find the picture, I'll post it later.
Bill

Bill,
These are the stripes on my car.
Unfortunately I don't have it at the moment, so I can't give you any dimensions, but it looks fine.

Attachments

• 35468-Rear Clip.jpg
    35468-Rear Clip.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 362

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Mark,

What colours are you thinking about? It's great to see what people come up with on their own apart from the original race team schemes.

Here's another Silver car, this one has reflective black stripes which jump out as white at night when lights hit it!

The side stripe actually says "powered by" in small Ford script, followed by "FORD" separating "GT-40" followed by "by CAV" in the CAV logo. These are computer cut stripes available through us for any CAV car. More pictures of this car can be seen at ZR Auto

We also have the 3M Protective Clear Film on the leading edges of the car. Stone chips and broken windshields are a big problem in western Canada.

Cheers

Attachments

• 35506-ZRCAVGT40a.jpg
    35506-ZRCAVGT40a.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 356
Ian, I'm planning to replicate hershal's stripe pattern (makes the car look wide and mean IMO) in Daytona Blue stripes (the stunning intense blue on the Nissan 350Z) on white. I may opt for a silver base color if I can find one that is very bright, but it'll probably be Ford Performance White. Oh yeah, and with small US flag emblems on the sides of the front clip, above the clasps, just like the Ford GT concept. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The stripes on my GT40 are ...
1/2"black 1/2" space 8 3/8" black and 1 1/4 center space.
reverse it for the other side or half.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 35549-high front view 2.jpg
    35549-high front view 2.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 366
Back