SPAX shocks

I have 3 good and one leaky shock for sale! The rears were removed 5 months ago. The fronts are still on the car (photo below) and working fine. That awful yellow and red doesn't do it for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If intereted, send me a PM.

Attachments

• 36035-spax front3.jpg
    36035-spax front3.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 285
Gents,

Chris Kogan (Kogan the Barbarian) is now the owner of all 4 (My 3 and Howard's one).

This leaves Howard and I with 4 leaky UGLY Spax shocks.

My understanding is that Yes they are rebuildable, but not sure, where or how much.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Fred, Do you have the 4th leaker at your house? I have only 3 here. We should get them all together at one place at least.

These shocks, when they work, are fine for a street car. Bud still uses his for track days, and very well thank you.

The springs on our leakers are about 200 lb springs. As a comparsion. I have 450s on the rear and 350 up front, drive the car on the street and love the way it feels.

So.... If you could rebuild them it would be a matter of cost. I personally would not spend more than 40-50 dollars each to rebuild them. Of course I understand buget's and trying to just get the car on the road at first. These shocks would fine in that context.

I'll get them all together, take a picture, and offer them for sale. More latter.

Hi Howard,

I met the importer of Spax in Belgium and he told mew ones for the GTD40 would be arround 85 Euro.
Since I only need the 2 front ones, I will probably go for new ones to be sure.
Tx
Rgds
Fred

Howy you can have it.

Tony, yellow cars are kool,,,,,,,yellow shocks?? As the "English would say" is an Abomination /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Kinda like lemon tea /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back