Tire Brand Recommendations

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
I am looking to fit a new style tire on my 15" Halibrands. What brand are you guys with 15" wheels using?

I currently run Hoosier 275-50-15 on the rear but can't seem to find any other manufacturers with a comperable replacement. The Hoosiers don't last long for every day use much less streel legal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Seems to be very limited selection for 15" performance 'v' or 'z' rating. In fact I have found no options here in the U.S. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Thanks in advance,
Tim

I was hitchhiking the other day, and a hearse
stopped. I said, "No thanks -- I'm not going
that far." -- Stephen Wright

I am running Goodyears. 235 x 15 front and 295 x15 rear. I wanted to do the old Sports Car Specials, but they are not technically street leagl, and are only bia ply. Let me know if you need more info.

I am using the Dunlop 235/60/15 and 295/50/15 on my car.I see that Firestone lists simalar sizes.

Vic

I'm using the same Dunlops as Victor. They will never wear out since they are hard as bricks (and all that entails). The guys at Roger Krauss racing www.rogerkrausracing.com have specific Cobra and wide wheel applications of hand grooved hard compound race tires. I have a few Porsche buddies who run some of these tires for about 3,000 street miles per set on RSR (9 and 11) setups. Kraus seems to be quite sympathetic to people looking for "in between" usage of serious street and vintage sidewalls.

Also Michelin makes some vintage racing tires that Graham commented on in another tire thread. Sizes are listed at http://www.cokertire.com/store/customer/home.php?cat=274

Chuck Ward
ERA GT 2064

Back