Rear Tire Sizes Available in the US....

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
My CAV mono currently has 15 inch Halibrands running 295/50s on the rear and 225/60s on the front (BF Goodrich Radial T/A's). The rear tires are a little big at 295 I think. Specifically, here's what I'm wondering:

1. In the 15 inch dimension, what rear tire sizes are people running, and, what makes of tire come in that dimension?
2. It seems that the BF Goodrich Radial T/A is about the only tire available in the US in the 265-295 range for 15 inch wheels. I'm concerned about the low SR speed rating (112mph) of these tires. Anyone know of any other tire manufacturers supplying appropriate size tires?
3. For those folks who have gone to 17 inch wheels, what tire sizes are you running fore and aft? And, who is making/supplying those tire dimensions?

Thanks in advance.

Cliff - I searched for a week and found there were only a handful of companies that made 15/50/295. I went with the new Dunlop Qualifier 'T's, they look to be a very good tire and have a speed rating of T - fit my MDA well. You can get them thru Tire Rack (no E-mark however).

Chris

CliffBeer

CURRENTLY BANNED
Thank you all. Very helpful! Just saved me a bunch of hours pouring over Tire Rack/Road&Track/Discount Tire/etc. Obviously, not a ton to choose from in this general dimension, and, others have felt pain of limited consumer choice. Again, thank you!

Back