Triumphs...

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I decided to re-learn to ride a motorcycle (haven't had one for 25 yrs) and bought a new Bonneville. And then bought an old one too, an '82 750 T140ES. Any other Triumph fans out there....?

Your second childhood has really kicked in, hasn't it Jim?

Just be careful! At your age, road rash, sandpaper kisses,

etc., hurt a LOT more than they would have 20+ years ago!

Great choices on the bikes! Stay safe!

Bill

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I used to be until I discovered the Ducati 999.
It's just like sex ..... well almost, and you don't have to wine, dine, and entertain her first.
Dave M

Jim,

I have a 2000 model Triumph Daytona 955i. Its my second Daytona and I just love to ride it. In fact I find more similarities between Triumph and GT40 than road-car and GT40. The acceleration is comparable. In both cases you treat other road users as if you are invisible. And the simalarity with elbows/wheel-arches in the rear-view mirrors is uncanny /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Incidentally, the color similarity between the two is no coincidence.

Attachments

• 39757-104-0479_IMG.JPG
    39757-104-0479_IMG.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 322
Had the oportunity to be present at the Australian launch of the Triumph Rocket III this week. Although cruisers are not my thing, this thing was a sight to behold. It just has to be seen to be believed. 2294 cc in-line 3 cyl engine and a rear tyre that puts some race-cars to shame. But don't be fooled by its stats. As big as this thing is, it was a sinch to lift it off its stand, and apparently it handles well too.

Rocket III

Back