UK Friends - I need a part from a Vauxhall Droop Snoot.....

Ron Earp

Admin
Yep, I don't know what this thing is but I need something from it. I'm prepping my Jensen Healey for SCCA IT class and am in need of a limited slip differential. I'm told the vauxhall droop snoot firenza has the same rear end and that LSDs were either in this car or can be had for these rears, in England.

I have one rear diff unit that we welded up solid so that both axles are locked together. A common trick that works pretty well on road courses, great for drag strips of course, but not nearly as nice as a LSD either way.

Anyone over there know much about these cars by chance? If so, would you mind calling someone or asking someone in the know about a LSD for a JH or Vauxhall Droop Snoot Firenza? My car is a 1974 and I think the VDSF's are around or the same vintage.

Thanks much,
Ron

Richard Appleyard Eng (www.jensen.co.uk) in Derby/Nottingham England used to offer used LSDs, though as Fran said these are pretty rare. There was a full comp Firenza version also but this is even rarer.

You could also try a complete Mazda RX7 rear end with the later Miata/Eunos/MX5 LSD - it's been done - but I guess SCCA rules won't allow you get away with that ...

Good luck.

Rob

Back