Interesting contrast

Tony Hunt came to visit recently and I had my 1929 Brooklands Morgan out at the time.
I thought that this photo showed an interesting contrast in "Rubber on the road" theory.

Tony is about 6'14" tall so if any of you thought he was a tight fit in a 40, you should have seen him in the little Morgan !

Attachments

• 44483-Tyrechoicee.jpg
    44483-Tyrechoicee.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 601

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
Tony is about 6'14" tall

[/ QUOTE ]

Blimey! Though I would have only put him at about 10" shorter! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Max

It's a good job I'm a good-natured guy and can take this sort of ribbing in good part!
Perhaps another appropriate caption to Barry's picture would be the classic 'Does my bum look big in this?'

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I took this back earlier in the year, I think it is an interesting contrast too, especially when I switch from driving one to the other!

They could not be more different (ok I could ride a bike), the Range Rover is an auto, with a steering wheel about 3 times the 40's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

The only (not really) similarities are the fact they have 4 wheels and a V8 engine! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Max

Attachments

• 44989-Dscn1930.jpg
    44989-Dscn1930.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 595
[ QUOTE ]
what wheels are used on the gt 40 on the top image? And what size are they?

[/ QUOTE ]
Paul,
They are 17" Image wheels with Goodrich Comp T/A tyres.
Fronts are 235/45ZR17, rears 315/35ZR17.

thank you,
My father and i are waiting for our MDA kit, we orderd jongbloed racing wheels, but they have problems with deliverey, so we want to have an alternative. I really like the size of these wheels, they are really wide!
Which model is it? What is the wide of the rim?

nice car, also a good collour combination.
But which model are the wheels? I can't find them on the image website.

The wheels are 19" split rims, and the tyres 19 x400 Classicos.

Here is another angle...............

Attachments

• 56819-TweedleD1929BrooklandsSuperAero.jpg
    56819-TweedleD1929BrooklandsSuperAero.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 456
......and here is the office.

Oh !! Were you talking about Tony's car ?

Tut Tut.

Attachments

• 56820-TweedleD1929BrooklandsOFFICE.jpg
    56820-TweedleD1929BrooklandsOFFICE.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 464

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
I took this back earlier in the year, I think it is an interesting contrast too, especially when I switch from driving one to the other!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well since moving earlier in the year I now have them all together for the first time. So here's another comparison showing how low the '40 really is considering the MR2 is reasonably low anyway.

Max

Attachments

• 63640-sFleet.jpg
    63640-sFleet.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 493
Back