Bonnet alignment query

I'm in the final stages of aligning my front clip and am not sure if it needs to move up slightly at the front before I start fitting it at the rear.
How does this look to all you GTD owners out there.
I'm concerned about the alignment of the underneath of the clip in relation to the front chassis "horns" that the bonnet is attached to. I already have a spacer fitted but am wondering if I should fit another.
Thanks
Simon

Attachments

• 44810-bonnet-alignment-1.jpg
    44810-bonnet-alignment-1.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 309
Simon,

Fit your radiator first to make sure you have correct clearance. This looks like a lot of spacing to me ?!

Graham @ GTA

Simon,

The GTD manual suggests that the aim is to get the 'feet' at the rear of the front deck to fit parallel with the sills. This is tricky to tell as the feet are not that long. But also the vertical section at the rear needs to be roughly parallel to the leading edge of the door.

I would say the deck is a little low (certainly compared to mine) as the mounting plates for the bar are well above the lowest part of the deck. Although the two spacers already look to be about 1/2" combined, and raising the deck means a bigger spacer, it may be that you have mounted the plates at the end of the bar too high on the sides of the light boxes?

As mentioned above if you have a standard radiator you should fit this first and ensure you have about 3/4" - 1" gap between this and the deck. I recall Mike Christopher (of GTD, and who built most of the factory GTDs) told me this was the right position.

Hope this is of some assitance.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Agreed, fit radiator first. I does look lower than mine. Mine is just about even with the lower "horn" portion of the frame rail bottom

Just a little tweaking here and there and IMHO you will have a good fit...just from experience, I used a pair of polyurethane roll bar mounts for the pivots, and thay seem to work well, also on those frame horns try a couple of trianglular plates on each side of the frame horns, point facing down and drill thru, then install a small polyurethane wheel between the sides of the plates, really much cheaper than scraping that nose on some driveway aprons

Back