Australia - Great Ocean Rd trip

I am planning to visit Shepparton, The Mornington Penninsula and the Great Ocean Rd., starting Nov.3,2004. I will be in Mt. Martha and Melbourne on the 5th. 6th and 7th and hope to visit Roberts plant on Monday the 8th. If any of you 40 guys are around during that time it would be nice to meet you and to see your cars.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Shepparton is a great fruit and dairy area ,It'll be the beginning of the fruit harvesting by then,lots of wines to choose from "hic".
With a bit of luck we'll catch up at the historic races Sandown 6-7/11/04 where there'll be some GT40ii.
The Melbourne Cup 2/11/04 would have been a worthy visit as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Bud. Look forward to meeting you at the Sandown historics on Sunday 7th Nov.There wil be 2 GTD's (they promised) a few RF's and hopefully some DRB's etc Regards

This trip just gets better and better! I hope to meet a few more happy forty owners at Sandown. See you all there.

Hi Bud, I will be attending the meeting at Sandown and if we can co-ordinate things I will be happy to take you for a drive along the Great Ocean Road in my DRB GT40. Look forward to seeing you on Sunday the 7th November. Regards Peter
Director - DRB Sportscars & GT40 Australia

Peter, that would be fantastic. I will be sure to find you. I will probably be one of the few people there wearing an "Holman Moody" ball cap. I am off to pack as I leave in about 3 hours. See you there!

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Was a great day at Sandown (unfortunately partially spoilt by teeming rain), however 10 GT40s were present: 2 GTD40s, 2 DRBs, 1 NZ monocoque and 5 RFs.
40Bud was there with his Holman Moody cap and white plastic rain poncho, braving the weather and going over all the cars with a fine tooth comb. Unfortunately it was too wet for idle chatter and I didn't get the chance to meet him.
Races were pretty good too...

Will post some pics once I've downloaded the photos.

Bill.

Bill, I saw some really nice cars. Sorry I didn,t meet some of you. The rain was actually more annoying than bothersome. Some good racing and Forties out in the rain was great. Most of your cousins in the U.S. don't brave the weather with thier 40's.

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Was sorry not to catch up with you too Bud. Unfortunately for you, the weather was actually the longest stretch of continuous rain (7 days) that Melbourne has experienced for quite a few years. I'd imagine that there would have been a lot more people around the cars if the sun was shining.
I've attached a photo of the display, it's not the best but it captures the moment...

Bill.

Attachments

• 46894-croppedimage-small.jpg
    46894-croppedimage-small.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 233
Back