Renault UN1 flanges and CV joints

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
7d_1.JPG

many pictures available here.
New production flanges (no machining) and used Porsche style CV joints, used but serviceable.

Lynn

ooops, I suppose that makes sense.
I mistakingly thought you were the seller.

Unfortunately I missed the deloreon gearbox on ebay a few weeks ago. (I had forgotten all about it after making my first bid)

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Alain,

Don't feel bad, I did the same thing with a new set of Comp Cams valve springs that were about 1/2 the retail price, which doesn't happen a lot on eBay. I slept right through the end of the auction. In my defense, I was very ill at the time.

Luckily the guy had a barely used set of the same springs he put up for auction after that. He could have claimed they were new and few, if any, would have been able to detect that they weren't and since these will be spares anyway, I went for it. I did get these even cheaper and, in going to pick them up since they were near me, I found another VERY excellent engine building facitlity that is 30 minutes from my house. That makes two of them now with both as clean as surgical suites and filled with the best in automotive machining equipment. The guy is exceedingly nice as well.

Lynn

Back