Wiring Loom

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Probably not all that difficult to manufacture at home. There are some realy good parts, Binding tapes, self amalgamating tape and so on that can be used available from Radio Spares and all the end fittings are easily assembled. It wouldn't be all that difficult to exceed the standard that GTD had as I think they bought them in from the cheapest possible source.
Plenty of people still have the so called loom diagrams from GTD which would be a starting point and I seem to recall they also mentioned the wire guage used.

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Paul,

I used an eighteen circuit Painless loom (harness in 'merican) and it was first rate. The handbook is actually worth having as well. Even though it is made for your typical hot rod, they give you enough extra length in the circuits that I had enough in nearlly ever case.

Since I went EFI, I appreciated having the extra circuits, but if your electrical system is fairly simple, they do make setups with fewer circuits and lower price tags.

Regards,
Lynn

I'm looking at the American Autowire Highway 22 setup.
1-800-482-WIRE
www.americanautowire.com
It is a neat modular setup. It list for #399. The 22 circuit should handle anything you would want to add to your car. They have a 15 circuit for $199 which is easily expanded if needed. Take a look at it and compare the two systems. I will be ordering my "harness" in the next week or so. All they ask is that you have all your electrical needs in order before you order. That way you can tell them what you plan to run and they will advise you on the system you need.
Bill

Paul,
Try Fraser Vincent at [email protected]
He is an ex M-Sport Ford Rally Team wiring technican, and can build a loom for virtually anything - His standards are very high and his prices good. I have used him for a number of years for rally projects, and can recommend him without reservation.
Cheers,
Geoff.

Back