pzero tires

are pzero tires lefts and rights?
thanks

Attachments

• 50339-pirelli3.jpg
    50339-pirelli3.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 260
If those are used tires, be absolutely sure of which way they were previously mounted, or belt separation will occur.
Pirelli's website should have the answer to your question(L&R), if nobody here knows for sure. My guess is yes, they are directional tires. Those both look like lefts to me,
based on the V shaped "rain grooves", but I'm no expert.

They are PZero Asimmetrico. Very popular tyres here for GT40's.

There are no right & left tyres in this range. The left hand side in your photos is outside edge. So fit tyres so that side is to the outside. So wide band of tread goes to outside, those narrow bands of tread should be to the inside.

The tyre sidewall will be marked to indicate which sidewall goes to outside edge.

There is a good chance I will be buying the same tyres. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

thanks for your replies,
i dont plan on putting a kitogue on the right side of my ride. they do look like two lefties to me.
i am going to go with Kuhmos or Toyos 295/35/18
thanks
tom

They do look like lefties, but they can be fitted to either right or left.

As the name suggests there are asymetric. No right and left tyres. So tyres can be used on either side of the vehicle, you just have to fit them the correct way around - with correct outside edge.

I know they look directional, and yep, it's weird, but that's how they are. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sorry but I think you'll find they are both lefts. I have them fitted to my F40. I'll check when I get home.

J.P

No worries JP, I've got my money on that they are asymetric only and not asymetric & directional. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif As far as I know that tread pattern is unique to this type of tyre.

Now if they were Pirelli Pzero Corsa, well they would be directional & asymetric. And you would have different part numbers for left & right.

Ferrari F40 would run something like 335/35ZR17 on rear, wouldn't it?

Yep you're right. I had a look and of course it does make sense because I've just ordered a new set of tyres!

Is Tyrerack cheapest online place to buy tyres? I'm putting in an order this week from the US for some of the GT40 guys here in Aus. All tyres are 17 & 18". Performance tyres in the US are so much cheaper than they are here.

[ QUOTE ]
What JP worn out the first set out already? Good man...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have worn the rears down a little!!

The new set are 18" PZero Rossos for some Enkei 1 piece magnesium wheels. Really cheap!! not /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Back