Porsche Carrera Gt in Gulf Blue

All I can say is what a beautiful car. I didn't get a picture of it but it was painted Gulf Blue and was sitting in the garage at my Mercedes dealer. Don't know who's car it was but it was my first time getting up close and personal with such a beautiful car. I live in Minnesota and you just don't see cars like this ever. What a great day.
Salesman told me it cost $456,000.00, After $56,000.00 I start getting dizzy. I don't know anything about these cars maybe someone could give me a history lesson.
Here are a couple of pictures I found online for those who haven't seen this car before.
Steve /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Attachments

• 52986-PorscheCarreraGT2005.jpg
    52986-PorscheCarreraGT2005.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 451
I competed in Classic Adelaide late last year and there was one of these that an American flew over just for the event. It was the fastest road car I have ever seen go off the line so there was NO chance of me or anyone catching it one the closed road sections. The noise it made was incredible. There was a F40 Ferrari behind me on many of the sections and I was terrified he was going to catch me but didn't. Must have had the handbrake on. Regards

Norman, I wish I had seen one at speed. It was a really beautiful car. I am not sure why it was painted blue but it would look good in any color. Nice thing about a good design it usually carries itself and the color is just a color. Wish I had a picture of it. I am sure I will never be that close to a car like that again. Maybe, I could be a navigator for one of the owners at the next Classic Adelaide. The noise, I can only imagine. Incredible,I would think. Hope you did well and had a safe race.
Steve

Back