Aussie Falcon Coupe big block FOR SALE in the USA

Good peoples,

I have decided to sell my 75 XB Coupe. It's time to move on to other projects and get my shop up and running.
The car has been featured in Car Craft magazine and Hot Rod TV. I promise any potential buyers that you will not be disappointed. I will also ship worldwide for interested parties. I've done it once already.
This car could not be replicated for what I am asking. Please check out my website for more details.It will also be in the Dupont Registry this week.

http://www.speedmade.com

Reed H

apologies if this is a stupid question, but is that the car used in the mad max film as the interceptor ?

It looks trully stunning. Good luck with the sale.

John,
It is a similar car to the Mad Max car, although the car in the movie was based on the earlier model (XA). This car has minor differences such as grill and tail lights. Of coarse the Mad Max car was then significantly modified.

Max's Falcon was a 1973 XB two door coupe, with blown 351W.

Sadly, it was sent to a scrapyard after the second movie.

Attachments

• 58831-InterceptorSide.jpg
    58831-InterceptorSide.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 271

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Hey Reed

I notice it has the XA GT tail lights. Looks awesome! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Regards

Bill.

Bill - as I understand it, although a replica of the Mad Max Interceptor was wrecked in Mad Max 2, the original Interceptor survived. It was collected by a scrap dealer from the film company after Mad Max 2 - but they decided not to scrap it. It's now an exhibit in the 'Cars of the Stars' Museum in the Lake District in the UK. Check out the history of the Interceptor on the link below.

http://www.madmaxmovies.com

cots1.jpg

Cheers.

Rob,

Glad they saved it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Thanks for the clarification.

Apparently a few mods were done to this XB for the MM movies, which later became available for street cars, hence the tail light change. The front end was different too.

A neat piece of automotive/cult movie history.

It's too bad that "Hollywood's" more recent automotive efforts just haven't cut the mustard! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Next thing you know, they'll be doing a remake of
LeMans! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Bill

Back