Remember that 'low flying GT40' last year?

Remember that \'low flying GT40\' last year?

Yep - it's that time again...just two weeks away....(16th)

From what?

Another crack at the elusive 200 Mph.

I was over Roy's today fitting the new BIG injectors and recalibrating the Motec ECU to suit. The resultant duty cycle has now been slashed by 50% - giving plenty of headroom for both high RPM and any other performance mods Roy might come up with.

This time we'll be running the straight through pipes again, have removed the mechanical water pump (removing water from motor through the front of the heads via electric pump), will run 'cool Blue 76 Fuel' and will make sure its running on ALL 8 cylinders this time... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

After tweeking ECU, motor started on the button and idles just fine, something I was a little unsure about because of the size of the injectors - but it seems just fine on the Lambda.

We are at Goodwood this coming weekend (9th) with the mighty Aston Martins, so will get a chance to shake down the car then before the high speed attempt - and Roy will also road test later this week - fingers crossed!

Re the high speed attempt - Dave Parker will be joining us this time and his newly equipped Motec setup on his Chevy powered R42 will be getting +100BHP of NOS after initial runs. (should be interesting! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Also - Club Member Bjorn Arnils will be attending with his 3.4L C-Type Jaguar and his '40' (T40GTD) in reserve.

Then - we are off to the Bentwater Sprint (24th) and round the month off with the ALL WEEKEND visit to Wiscombe for a Hill Climb (30th/31st).. Busy eh?

Whilst the high-speed run is a 'no spectators' event due to it being on a military access controlled base - the other events are very welcoming to visitors/spectators, so if any of you want to see some 40s in action - come along and say hello - we are a very friendly bunch really... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 60588-speedEv.JPG
    60588-speedEv.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 259
Re: Remember that \'low flying GT40\' last year?

[ QUOTE ]

(I feel sorry for the guys who think "Life Begins at 200 kph" T-shirts are cool)

[/ QUOTE ]

ROTFLMAO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi all - forget the 'life begins at 200 T-shirt' - unfortunately we FAILED - AGAIN! - doh!

Will fill in the details in next mag due out shortly, but needless to say, Roy and I only managed one run each, both aborted some 500 yds short of the timing markers, Roy achieving 170+ and me 163....

Dave Parker managed a stonking 174 (or maybe 176?) in his R42 (no Nos - was'nt fitted in time!)

In addition, Club member Bjorn Arnils achieved some 137 in his C-type Jaguar, with friend Cathy reaching 155 ish in his GTD40 (and with short gearing too!)

The Jag boys set fastest speed again, lifting the 186 to 187 this year, whilst fielding TWO XJ220s...

One of the most impressive though was an original D-Type, once driven by Win Percy (who was there too) that managed a 'SCREAMING' 176?+ on triple Webers + straight through pipes - Awesome....

Another great year..... let's hope we get invited back again next year to have 'another go - third time lucky???'

Sorry to hear you didn't make the big 200, just shows with all those other supercars too, its not easy. I suppose the XJ220s had to allow too much braking distance /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

With only one attempt per year its tough. Better hunting next year.

Back