Goodyear Blue Streak Vinatage Tires

Has anyone looked into these tires or purchased any? Not sure if they qualify as road legal, the compound looks fairly hard in most cases. Another good looking and decent traction tire from GY is the Eagle GT II, again, anyone using these?

Chris

The blue streaks are not DOT legal. They are a track tire, hook and look fantastic, but will not last on the street for more than a few k mls. They also hunt grooves in the road very badly.

The GY Eagle is one the few tires (besides BFG Radial and Yokohama Avid) that available in decent sizes in 15". Lots of Cobra owners have them and they are ok. Better than the BFG, worse than the Yokos. Traction is very limited even with a 295. However, they will last 30-40k mls pretty easily. You can do burnouts without even leaving a black rubber line...

Lukas

Ron McCall

Supporter
What size tires are you guys using for the track and the street.
I have a set of BFG 225/50/15 and 295/50/15 .
Thanks

Thanks guys, that's pretty much what I figured AND they are about $250 a tire so, no thanks. You're right about the availablity of tire sizes for the 15's. The Eagle II's have a decent look to them and seem to have a good deal of sizes to choose from-

At the Tire Rack - www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Eagle+GT+II

225/70SR15 Raised White Letters - Price Each: $71
235/60SR15 Raised White Letters - Price Each: $74
235/70SR15 Raised White Letters - Price Each: $72
255/60SR15 Raised White Letters - Price Each: $79
255/70SR15 Raised White Letters - Price Each: $79
275/60SR15 Raised White Letters - Price Each: $81
295/50SR15 Raised White Letters - Price Each: $99

Chris

Attachments

• 62802-EagleGTII-1.jpg
    62802-EagleGTII-1.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 897
Chris,

If you intend to do any high speed testing,
you should have at least Z-rated tires(good to 149mph)
High speed blowouts REALLY SUCK! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Bill

Lukas said "You can do burnouts without even leaving a black rubber line..."

Now tell me what good is that?

Bill - good point. I'll probably have a set of track tires for that kind of stuff - no way I'll ever be able to do those kinds of speeds on the hwy anyway (unless we do a re-make of Cannonball Run) Hmmmmmmmm....

Chris

Chris,

A Canadian Cannonball? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Now there's an idea! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Your 40 could do PEI to BC in what, 36hrs? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Bill

[ QUOTE ]
Lukas said "You can do burnouts without even leaving a black rubber line..."

Now tell me what good is that?

[/ QUOTE ]

NO good, thats the point I was trying to make! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Chris,

A Canadian Cannonball? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Now there's an idea! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Your 40 could do PEI to BC in what, 36hrs? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that is what it takes just to get out of Ontario...

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

For what it's worth, I have 3 1/2 sets of Blue Streaks(14 tires total) for a GT40 (8.00X15 &6.00X15) that fit 9 1/2 "X15 front and 12"X15" rear wheels. They are pretty much un-used , perhaps just 2 laps, if any. I bought them to race a season and then ended up racing a different car.
they are PERFECT if you have a second set of wheels and want a great looking limited street or display tire. I would sell them for less than 1/2 price....
I am in Atlanta, GA.

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Johan, could you please email me with a price for one set. Rim size 8 x 15 front 12 x 15 rear. Thanks Gregg

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
No, that is what it takes just to get out of Ontario...

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Rick, once you get the car finished, it will get to Gatineau in just a few minutes! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Back