RF40 front Uprights

Having spent some time studying photographs of the RF40 front uprights on various sites, they don't look particularly strong.
What are they like in use?
The inclusion of AP calipers in the kits is tempting, but I'm not sure of those uprights.

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Geoff,

This is the photo I recalled seeing, which didn't leave me with any concerns. Granted I can't see all of it, but the spindle, a-arms etc. look as good as what I have on my track car. I am missing something?

Regards,

Al H

Attachments

• 65213-KoniShockAbsorbers.jpg
    65213-KoniShockAbsorbers.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 314
I recently compared my RF40 uprights (front) to those of a Porsche 928( a friend is currently restoring one). The RF's are massive in comparison. I've had my car over 120 mph and have no complaints.

Ron Earp

Admin
They look decent size for the car and weight. Miata uprights are smaller on a car at about 2300lbs. There are over 700 SCCA spec Miatas running in the US and front upright failure has not been an issue with more track miles on them than any other SCCA race car these days. Cornering loads for both cars will be somewhat similar I bet, with the RF having less load due to weight distribution.

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
2 years racing with them,thats 36 races and no problems.In my mind a non issue.However I do have spares just in case I have a shunt.Please don't bring me bad luck anyone.
Ross

Back