Surprisingly, another GTD for sale

Malcolm

Supporter
No, not mine, but I see Simon has another GTD for sale as well as his Cobra replica.

GTD advert

and also

cobra advert

Nice looking cars. Is this what they call a garage sale? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hope the new business venture(s?) gives a good return on this growing investment! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Just out of interest, what business are you getting into? Others here maybe able to give you some pointers on what to avoid. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Malc - you must be the 'kiss of death' - adverts now withdrawn!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
But he didn't advertise it here after all the discussion on why people that advertise here need to ante up $20 bucks? Odd. This isn't the blue car again is it!??!?! How many times can you sell one car?

Malcolm

Supporter
Short definition of value is what a willing buyer will pay a willing seller in an open market place. For full definition please see RICS Red Book!

To me a good GTD for sale below £25k is as sensible as paying a footballer £80,000 per week. People still do it.

That's just it Malcolm, people don't want to pay that sort of money for a well sorted GTD. Take it from me.
OK, my GTD hasn't been SVA'd but IMHO it's well sorted & modified & reasonably priced. I've had 1 offer of £20K but the guy never got back to me (damn rude), several tyre kickers & time wasters but generally they all want something for nothing. Surely the GT40 replica market has crashed that much?
However, from the consensus Of general feed back I've had from more serious enquirers, should I pass the car through SVA & have it painted several would be willing to pay around the £30K I would then be asking!
So to that end, if the '40 hasn't sold by next weekend I am withdrawing it from sale & doing the necessary. Just means someone won't get a good deal & my next project will have to wait a little longer.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Paul I just think it's a trend worldwide for Dept of motor vehicles and local goverments getting more and more diffucult to deal with.

This has two effects both of which seam to be effecting you. First, people are worried about buying one of these cars that isn't fully licensed and titled. Secondly, cars that have completed this process are more valuable that before.

You'll be OK. You wanted to finish it anyway didn't you.

Paint it a nice color that everybody likes and get top dollar for your trouble. I figure that when I finish my licence process here in Calif. and put my nice legal plates on it, the value will go up $10,000.

Malcolm

Supporter
Paul, I sympathise with your plight. You are known to have a good car and still it doesn't sell.

We all exist in a niche market. How many billion cars are in the world? How many 40's of all types, real and fake? A gazillionth of one percent. And our cars are not cheap even at less than £20,000. How many guys can spend that on a toy?

So Paul, if you complete your car into a turn key, you will most likely triple your market audience. But it will still always be small. Heck, if I clean my car, my market audience would sky rocket! As I am not selling I don't need to clean my car.

If Simon has a car to sell, he should advertise it at his own chosen price. The market will dictate whether he has it right or not. Previous posts or not.

Back