Goodwood Festival of Speed clashes with Classic Lemans 2006

Checking my dates for 2006 the Goodwood Festival of Speed and the Classic Lemans are on at the same time 7th,8th and 9th July 2006!
Regards Allan

Now that's a great shame, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I can't believe that the organisers of these two premier
events cannot get there act together and run them on separate weekends.
I know which one I will be attending and it won't be in sunny Sussex. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I,m with you Ian, both are cracking events but the Classic's the ultimate, anyway you can't get on the hillclimb at Goodwood but we'll be on the circuit at Le Mans.

Re: Goodwood Festival of Speed clashes with Classic Lemans 2

Ian And Roy
I am contacting Goodwood on Monday to see if they are moving their dates . They did it last year for the F1 British Grand Prix. I think the dates in 2006 were influenced by the F1 Calendar the British Grand Prix is earmarked for 11th June. And of course the England matches in the World Cup 2006. Since correct me if I am wrong but a fair percentage of Lemans car that enter the Lemans Classic also in 2004 attended The Festival of Speed. It will not affect the Lemans Classic but I have refered it to the club committee. to see if the dates do not change wheither we have resources to do Goodwood as well!
Regards Allan

Brian Magee

Supporter

If they don't change dates I shall definitely go to the Classic Le Mans rather that Goodwood. I am sure anyone who went to the Classic last year will be back there again next July.

Brian.

Alan I will be suprised if Goodwood will move their dates, as there is very few
weekends when no major event is not taking place in July, as to whether the club
has the resources to attend both events, I'm sure they have.
The question is.......... will there be any GT40's left in the UK to show at
Goodwood bearing in mind that we had 32 cars at Le Mans classic last year.

Allan,

Any further developments yet? Will the club still be having it's stand at Goodwood?
I want to book up my accomodation asap!!

Regards

Alastair

Back