Gurney Eagle Engine Parts For Sale

These parts are being sold because of my having recent back surgery; no '40 in my future any longer. So here goes a two decade fling of collecting Gurney Eagle parts. Many of you know that Gurney Weslake and later, Gurney Eagle cylinder heads were used on some GT40's and 260/289 cobras. I do have a set of the latest production MKIV heads, just fully rebuilt by a nascar shop; complete with the finest titanium valves and retainers, all new guides, springs, seals, retainers, the works. Additionally, the intakes were partially filled to increase both velocity and flow. Both intake and exhaust ports are reshaped to optimize both. These are designed to live at high rpms if asked; they are probably among the finest set of G/E heads in existence, period. With them I have weber IDA intakes, Gurney 4bbl intake, stock valvetrain, gaskets, valve covers, valley covers (both stamped and magnesium, water logs, etc.

Now, what makes a Gurney Eagle engine is the shortblock and fittings. Mine began with a 1968 FoMoCo tunnel port 302 race block, machined by Gurney to accept Indy DOHC maincaps. These support the scavenge pumps that hide inside the specially constructed magnesium oil pan, mated to the Gurney one piece magnesium cover, which hides the Gurney reverse grind gear cam drive and so forth. Final displacement at .030 will be 331, with horsepower levels anywhere to 500, depending on how close to the ragged edge you care to be. Dan Gurney and his employees and contractors took years developing this engine, and the results were spectacular for its day, and are still pretty good many years later.

There are only a handful of these pieces anywhere. They took me a long time to collect, and now they "go to a good home". These are not inexpensive pieces, this is "unobtanium" as we used to call rare pieces. I had planned them for my own use, but plans sometimes change. If anyone has any interest, I can be contacted at [email protected], or 518-339-4655

Regards to all, Roger Davidson

Back