Ford Hood Emblem

OK, I did a search and didn't find any info...
Where can I get the appropriate hood oval Ford emblem?

Thanks.

They weren't on original cars so appropriate is in the eye of the beholder. I went to a Ford dealer parts counter and looked at some different sizes and picked one I think was from a truck. I attached it on the right corner of the tail on my car.

I was at a Ford resto shop cruising for the FORD Letters to replace the ones on a 66 Road Car. I looked at the Blue Ovals for me. There must be 14 different versions(sizes) to choose from. They must have made them a different size for every model. So you just have to choose the one that you think looks best. Also, if you use an old one, the color varies, probably from fading over the years.

Bill

I found myself spotting Fords during my commute into NYC yesterday. You're right! All different sizes. I kinda liked the one I saw on a Crown Vic because it was black and chrome and would look great against Titanium but it looked big. The F150 trucks also has a nice big one but I saw what I think is the perfect size on the tailgate of a Ranger pickup. So I found a Ford Parts store online that had them in TX. $12 each in blue and it's on it's way. I think I'll just grind away the posts and glue them on. If the blue looks wierd against Titanium, I'll stick it on the back of the Royal Blue Cobra.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

There you go Ray, I bet that is the one I thought was a good size as well. I ground off the little posts like you're thinking. They come with a sticky back so you just press it on! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Bill, the closest to original FORD letters I found for the nose were used on '67 Mustangs (and I'm sure others).

Back