6 speed UN1?? and some new info+quis.

I did read all about the 6sp UN1 on this forum.

And I did talk to Kevin at GTO today.And he says this unit is stronger than ZF and Quaif dogbox.
He told me that there was one dragracing this gearkit with a high torque aprox 600ft/lbs chevrolet.Any thats knows about this????

I dont think he will be laying about this,if he gona try to stay in the business.

The worst thing is if i buy the DB upgrade and it brake.And then find out I should have bought the 6sp because it was stronger....A lot of waisted money.

This is a statment I got from one that have a Quife sequensial dogbox in a esprit:

"A Derex Bell upgrade may do you for 400 to 450 ft-lbs, but at some point the Renault cases will flex and the ring and pinion will fail." "The Quaife will easily handle 600 ft-lbs of torque (815 NM) and have been tested to over 700 HP. The gearbox is massive, with a ring gear ~ 9.5" in diameter."

Then the 6sp UN1 dogbox should be able to handle 600-700ft/lbs....or not

What do you think about this?

So if the 6-speed dogbox should be able to handle 600ft/lbs + then what about the 'Standard' crownwheel AND that flexible gearcase that it is put into? You have just answered your own questions.

In my opinion and experience, I think judging by the size of those gears on the 6-speed box and what I have seen on rally car gearboxes, "WRC", I think 600ft/lbs will strip the gearteeth faster than you can strip a pair of knickers off a horny schoolgirl. I measured one gear on a WRC gearbox at 32mm wide (straightcut) and a measure on the picture of the 6-speed is about 17mm.

Then there is of course that 'standard' crownwheel .........

How wide is the gear on the porsche and ZF boxes?
I gess we dont get a 32mm wide gear to any transaxles anyway (may be the mendoela)...

There is one with a 650ft/lbs Lexus twin turbo down there.Who has done 3 years of racing before the ZF 4th gear did fail....

To me it looks like a upgadet Un1,Stock Porsche and ZF is gona be pretty clouse in their strenght then???

Back