Help posting a video?

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Ron,

I have a .mov file that is about 6megs that I am unable to successfully upload. I get the "uploading file(s) - please wait" but after 6 or so hours, it still isn't uploaded. The chart says up to 9MB, and it is an .mov file (made on a Mac, if that matters), so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I could compress it even more, but then the sound starts to mimic a tin can...

Is there any way for the system to return a warning about WHY something won't upload? It would save lots of time for those of us too stupid to remember 640x480 is the max image size (etc.), as (for me anyway) it just keeps waiting and doesn't burp back a note like "hey twit, read the size chart..."

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Mark

Attachments

• waiting.jpg
    waiting.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 263

Ron Earp

Admin
This is rather perplexing for me too, as I was not able to upload a larger file despite having the limit set to a high enough level. And, it didn't tell me anything either. Try it again, with as stable a connection as possible.

Ron

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Well, I've tried four times now and no luck. I have a cable connection and all my neighbours use DSL so not much sharing of the wire. Usually pretty fast and very stable. I upload large work files to a server in Hong Kong using this connection and it happily takes 150MB+ where my office DSL often chokes. Is there some reason (significance) why the icons for .mov and .mpeg are question marks?

Want me to send the file direct for you to try?

Back