G50 conversion flywheel info

i have converted my car to a G5002 box i have the adaptor plate and clutch (C2 clutch kit) but need to get a flywheel made, a local company can do this no problem but i am missing one dimension! The porsche flywheel has a step from the friction face to the clutch cover mountings which i need to know the height. I can find plenty of pictures of porsche flywheels Kennedy flywheels etc where it can be clearly seen but not measured!!!! Any help would be appreciated.
Mark

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Mark,

Would it be that much more expensive to just order it from Kennedy??? The flywheel was the part that I was most impressed with in the adapter kit. They can also do it in 0, 28 or 50 oz counter weights.

Regards,
Lynn

mark
i have just had made a flywheel to mount audi6speed to 4.6dohc ford with adapter plate using a sachs clutch cover and friction plate the advice i got from clutch sales person to make the step half of the thickness of friction plate,ie 8mm=4mm of step. hope this is looks like it can apply to your case

ali

Lynn orderd a flywheel off kennedy when i was trying to get the car ready for classic Lemans quoted 7 week delivery allowed 10 weeks no sign after 8 weeks contacted them again said they had a problem and would need another 7 weeks!!! Annoyed me so i cancelled the order and bought a complete Ultima conversion kit for g50 from an advert when i got it back to the workshop and checked the part no's the flywheel and clutch were for a 915 although advertised as G50 guy didn't want to refund me (calls himself Dr Peter) got some money back after much hassle.
Also local company much cheaper!

Ali thanks for the advice i will investigate further.

Back