Is This The Same Zf ??? Scam ???

This is an auction on ebay right now for a ZF trans. It is the exact same pic and almost the exact same description from an auction listed a little more than a month ago. The auction stated that the transaxle was in Colorado, my home state. Regardless, this now appears in the UK. Also notice the listing memeber has 0 feedback. Does anyone know if this is the same trans, or can verify it. This could very well be a scam auction and I hope this posting may alert anyone from this community.

If anyone can verify it, please reply with some evidence. Thanks.

Here is the link

eBay: Pantera ZF Transmission 5 Speed Gear Box (item 300050453496 end time Nov-22-06 12:35:06 PST)

There has been a spate of 0 feedback attractive items for sale with allegedly UK based sellers. Lots of superchargers. Most of them, like this one, have spelling mistakes and use U.S. terms like 'tranny' which aren't too current on this side of the pond. Is it a scam?? Well I wouldn't give him/her any money with no feedback and payment terms of "other".

Cheers,

Ian

Yup, my spidey senses are tingling. Although it is commonf for ebay sellers to plagerize text and graphics from other auctions, the identical pic is just too much.

In the words of Sir Robin, "Run away!"

He bravely ran away~!

I hear ya gents, seemed crazy enough to post on here as these don't come up for auction every week.

Steve Briscoe

Lifetime Supporter
Unfortunately, eBay has become a good avenue for rip-offs and scams that hurt legitimate business people. This scam is more apparent. Don't buy anything of importance from a zero or low feedback seller.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Anyone want to make a bid?

My brother commutes to Edinburgh every day (Solicitor) and could probably be talked into collecting it and paying cash on collection. I'd like to see them talk their way out of a non existant unit!

It must be the cheapest ZF in years.

Ian

Good stuff, I hope it is the "Cheapest ZF in History", but the folks across the pond will be able to better verify it's, how we say, existence!

Good luck fellows.

Bill, your build site is amazing!!!

Back