Autosport International - Le Mans GT40

Anyone off to Autosport Show in January? I have heard that they are including a number GT40's in the Le Mans display they are putting on including the GT40 that won in 1968/69. Not sure what colours that one was....

I am also thinking of heading to the Le Mans dinner in the Saturday night. Should be brilliant with the list of drivers that are going. Allan McNish, Brabham, Blundell, Guy Smith, Herbert, Bell, Oliver, Warwick.

Malcolm

Supporter
I think a group of us are heading that way on the Friday (trade and MSA license holder day), normally bump into each other as we wander about and perhaps have lunch together.

I'll be there on the Friday.... Still a trade day so not too busy and open to anyone with a competition licence too.

As Malc says, we are hoping to meet up at lunch and as Competition Sec, Dave Parker will be there too, we aim to discuss the coming season's proposed competetive events....

If you are intending to compete in 2007, but do not yet have a licence, (a 2006 one will suffice), then drop me a line as I may be able to help....

Read more about the event here: Official Show Website of Autosport International 2007 - World's Biggest Motorsport Exhibition

Attachments

• Autosport1.jpg
    Autosport1.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 648

Brian Magee

Supporter
I will be going on the Thursday with a People Carrier full of other Enthusiasts Club members. Hopefully we will get to the exhibitors while they are still fresh and in a good mood!!
Hope to see some other GT40 nuts there. No doubt we will end up going for a meal on the way home.

Brian.

I hope you all enjoy yourselves. Noel there is no sign of a GT40 confirmed on the exhibition website. The winner P1075 that won the Le Mans two years (1968/69) back to back would be in Gulf livery Light Blue with a Marigold (orange) stripe. If the real car turns up a good way to tell if its the real one are the door handles which are in a slot with a lever that you pull down at an angle. The GT40 standard door handles are horizontal and flush with the body. You initially push the handle in so it sticks out and then pull it out to gain entry. Hope you have a great time.
Regards Allan

I have just booked a ticket to the dinner now that I have found out Tom Kristensen is also going. Should be a bit of a party. He is a legend!

I have also spoken to the organiser and they do have the original 1968 Ford GT. Should be cool!

Dave Collins

Supporter
The The GT40 Continuation web site implies that the SPF Mk1 recently shown at the NEC Classic Show will be displayed in the Le Mans Heritage display, and the Mk11 on the Permagard stand.

Interestingly Motor Sport magazine say they have a 1968 Ford Mk11 in the "Celebration of Le Mans" display.

Dave

p thompson said:
As Malc says, we are hoping to meet up at lunch and as Competition Sec, Dave Parker will be there too, we aim to discuss the coming season's proposed competetive events....

UPDATE -
Unfortunately, Business commitments will prevent Dave Parker (Comp Sec) from attending Friday, so no comp meeeting...

However will still be great to meet people, new and old - call me on Friday at venue if interested (07771 868890).. :)

Back