GT40 #1075 On Display At The Henry Ford Museum!

First time poster, long time lurker. I've never had anything to add, until today! I did extensive searching (here and elsewhere) about this and turned up nothing. Apologies if this has been discussed and I missed it!

After the renovations to the transportation section of the Henry Ford Museum there is a new addition... a rather significant addition if you ask me.

IMG_2714.jpg

Yep, The Henry Ford Museum currently has 1075 on display, and it has been since at least January (this is when I saw it). Edit: I heard from the currator at THF, the Mark IV is returning in October, and 1075 will be heading back to the lender, so if you want to check it out your time is limited!

Previously they had the Mark IV GT40 67 race winner (J-5) on display, but it has disappeared...

Here's what I was wondering, did Robert Walton (who was the last reported owner I could find...) lend it to the Museum or did they purchase it? None the less, I'm glad it's back on display!

Edit: And as soon as I click submit I stumble across something that make it a bit more clear.

An article on Curbsideclassic.com was able to add a bit of clarification as to where the MKIV went and why 1075 is there now.

CurbsideClassics.com said:
Apparently, it was damaged in transit from England, where it participated in the Goodwood Festival of Speed in 2012, and is being repaired by, interestingly enough, Gurney’s All American Racers shop.

Last edited:

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
First time poster, long time lurker. I've never had anything to add, until today! I did extensive searching (here and elsewhere) about this and turned up nothing. Apologies if this has been discussed and I missed it!

After the renovations to the transportation section of the Henry Ford Museum there is a new addition... a rather significant addition if you ask me.

IMG_2714.jpg

Yep, The Henry Ford Museum currently has 1075 on display, and it has been since at least January (this is when I saw it).

Previously they had the Mark IV GT40 67 race winner (J-6) on display, but it has disappeared...

Here's what I was wondering, did Robert Walton (who was the last reported owner I could find...) lend it to the Museum or did they purchase it? None the less, I'm glad it's back on display!

The MK IV (J5) is at Gurney's AAR in California for repairs from the Goodwood shipping accident. 1075 is still owned by Mr. Walton and is on loan to the museum.

The MK IV (J5) is at Gurney's AAR in California for repairs from the Goodwood shipping accident. 1075 is still owned by Mr. Walton and is on loan to the museum.

I actually just edited the post to add that information which I just found... of course I find it mere minutes after making my post!

I also heard from the Transportation curator at the museum. The Mark IV will be back in October. So if you'd like to check out 1075 you have a pretty limited time frame!

Back