Gidday to all english (pommie) cousins

Hi anyone around mid england Manchester, Liverpool? I am heading over there in 2 weeks 31st jan for business but would like to catch up with some GT40 owners to see your cars or projects, share a pint or two, talk about the cricket etc.

By the way I believe there is a new tax in England

The YLTA (You Lost The Ashes) tax of 5% on any products from Aus.

Cya all soon. I hope

Greg,
with comments like that I don't know if anyone will want to speak to You !!
OK so we are smarting a bit, if I was up that way you would be welcome.

The only new tax we have is YWTA (you won the Ashes) and applies to all Australians entering the country, 15% on your air fare to help with practice costs for the England team!!

Hi Murray
the only reason us Aussies are bragging is because its all we can brag about at the moment. got to take it while its there.
any reason to have a drink. Havent heard from the Barmy Army much though.

How far south is Devon from Manchester?

Malcolm

Supporter
A long long way (at least for England!). Don't jest about a new tax, didn't one get mentioned two days ago on the news? And a retrospective one at that. I think it was an increase in airport tax so that if you have bought your tickets before the tax was introduced you couldn't fly until you had paid it. Or something like that. We should stick to stealth planes not stealth taxes....

Hi Greg,
there is about 280 miles between where I live in Devon and Manchester. About a 5 hour drive depending on traffic and weather.

Malcolm, you are right, more stealth taxes coming in, bloody disgrace.

hi all
in sunny england, well it was today anyway. congratulations to the old dart for finally beating us in the cricket. 10th time lucky as they say!!!!!!!
might be heading down the south coast way next week depending on business activities.
if i do can i look you up
cheers all
greg

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
GT40 Enthusiasts club meeting next Wednesday Colney Fox North London 8pm

Following Wednesday Meeting at Fairmile hotel Cobham (normally a much bigger meeting)

Ian

Back