CAV, Hi-Tech Automotive/Superformance, Auto Futura

When I found out about that CAV was now being built by Autofutura I contacted the company directly. I wanted to know about the changes and modifications that were being done. John responded to me and sent me a list of the modifications. He spent quite a bit of time with me and I purchased a fire wall upgrade and some other parts for my CAV #56. The parts arrived and were as advertised and I was very impressed that a manufacturer would take the time to help me with a car that they did not build. I think that CAV owners are in good hands.

Hi Rick and everyone
I don’t know anything about the early CAVs but I do know what an absolutely tremendous job John Spence and Jean Fourie have done on the CAV GT in just a few months. The comment “praise where due” applies in spades to them!

I know this from dealing with them as a very satisfied customer of a CAV GT kit sourced direct from Auto Futura in South Africa and brought into the UK this July. I first talked with Jean as they were finalising the deal with the liquidator and since then it’s clear they have moved the proverbial mountain - in straightening out relations with suppliers – many of whom must understandably have been wary of CAV business given the history – putting through a lot of design changes – new seats, new alloy fuel tanks, various suspension / chassis changes, just to name a few – and continuing to turn the cars out. To go from chassis #82 to #100 in just a few months against this background is remarkable.

My experience has been that they very well understand what the customer wants. Throughout the process of speccing my car, getting the monocoque chassis built and body fitted, (yes for us kit builders they will supply the chassis with the body panels already fitted , saving a lot of build time) shipping everything and then providing support during the built process, I have found them very open to comment and very responsive despite the massive workload they have obviously been dealing with. I think they have a cracking product and wish them every success.

Take care,

Brian Yeomans

Hi Everybody
This is a VERY quick hello, and a big thank you for all your support.It is great to see how many people still believe in the CAVGT.We will not disappoint you!
This is also a good time to thank Frank Catt for all his support.I have known Frank for a few years now,and I respect his input in the GT40 industry.Us "fanatics" stick together...
Regards to all.

Jean

Auto Futura
( www.CAV.co.za )

Attachments

• 46014-buscardblank1.jpg
    46014-buscardblank1.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 364
Hi Lynn
Would LOVE to know what we are doing wrong.Please explain,so we can post some pics as well as get our "logo" into the left column.
Thank you for your help.

Jean

Pat

Supporter
Jean, i your pics are over the size limit they won't post. Try reformatting them to a smaller size.
On an unrelated note, any idea when your owner web page will be up? I'd like to see how I can update my older mono.
Thanks,
Veek

Andre,

Great information on what really happened down there. We have been hearing the Superformance might of put their new GT40 on hold. Any more information on when or if Jimmy Price will offer a GT 40? Based on some of the rear end problems etc. they had with their Coupe I heard they may give each dealer a GT 40 to drive a sort out for a while prior to offering to the public in later in 2005. I have had 3 Superformance Cobras and sure loved their quality but now into GT 40. Have a GTD currently.

I have seen pictures of the Superformance chassis and it appears to be as close to the original as it could possibly be. The body work looked good except the for the front wheel arches which imho did not look quite right. I am sure that it will be as good as the rest of the Superformance products when completely finished.

Rick, did you ever get a reply to your question on the CAV paint code? (not in this forum but I can't reply to your original post).
I'm pretty sure there were two CAV silvers - "Silver Poly" and "Titanium Silver". I had an idea that the Titanium colour is Lamborghini Titanium Silver as that was the colour used in the "Dream Machines" GT40 programme. Once you know the manufacturer and roughly when the colour was used then any paint shop should be able to track it down - for example PPG list all the original mid sixties Ford colours including the well known "Guardman Blue and "Wimbledon White".

Hope this helps.

Brian

Back