Hello and thank you!

Hi, I would first like to say thanks to the forum. I have been dipping in and reading everything I can take in as fast as I can. This place is fantastic and seems very generous of spirit for those with an interest in the wonders that are GT40. My Interest? I have just bought an unfinished project and am now the future owner of (I hope) a car I have dreamt about for years. I take delivery next Wednesday and it is being delivered to workshop where a I hope full-time build will commence the following week. With a strong following wind and enough graft/cash (eek!?!) I hope the car will be ready to run down to Le Mans this June.

SO... Many thanks again for the knowledge and generous spirit of this place, and I will add more details very shortly. Cheers Alan

HMMMMMM.... 30K to spend on a mid engine kit car....... Sorry Mike but sounds like an original Pantera to me!

Keith

Welcome also Al. Any snow? Just kidding.....;)

Soarer eh? Are we going to see a aluminium 4 litre V8 in the '40?

Jerry, who's "Mike?" - As David says, not only major thread drift , but definitely :wrongforum:

boomsmile

An aluminium V8 had crossed my mind (my ride is the straight 6 tt). The 40 is going to be a 302 short block. I shall keep the Nismo Drift gt40 for project 38...

Many thanks for the welcome. The car has arrived in Bath, and body parts ordered from Chris Melia. I am going to document the whole process, and am thinking of doing so in a blog. I am guessing that a build strand would be the place to continue on here? It is a long time since my mind has been asking so many questions. Everytime one thing is answered thirty more questions pop up. Cheers and I hope to start posting 'the process' pdq. alan

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Alan,

For sure a build thread to keep everyone informed and invite suggestions the build. If you run into a something that presents a more fundamental question or doesn't get answered in the build thread, by all means ask in the appropriate technical section.

If you are going to maintain a detailed build diary on a blog site, you might want to use a build thread to post major milestones and to reference back to your blog in addition to requesting guidance or commiseration ;-).

Lynn

Wecome Alan

I am also quite new to the GTD40, Not far from you in Chippenham - so perhaps we could swap stories at some time!

Good Luck
Julian

Back