RCR Stainless Steel 180 Header system RCR40

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
gt40fran said:
Dont forget Randy they come with the Deluxe plus.....;) ...CHECK HERE

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/all-gt40/17256-tubular-sex.html?highlight=tubular+sex

These are the Porsche or Audi headers...the ZF ones have a more original style collector and a higher bridge over the transaxle.

Thanks Fran...

I'm curious - Why wouldn't you use the ZF Header for all the axles? If it is taller / higher than the Porsche/Audi transaxles - it should fit - no?

I've built numerous sets of headers before - it is a Love-Hate relationship. I can truly appreciate the effort you have put into these.

The Audi trans package dictates that the engine/trans sit higher in the chassis ....the ZF style headers would contact the body work when raised.....
Double the tooling/fab costs is a pain but "Hey" thats life

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
gt40fran said:
The Audi trans package dictates that the engine/trans sit higher in the chassis ....the ZF style headers would contact the body work when raised.....
Double the tooling/fab costs is a pain but "Hey" thats life

Yup - I had forgotten that using the Audi Transmission meant that you had to lift the engine up 1.5" ... So then, since the Porsche transmission will allow the engine to sit as low as the ZF (assumption) - the same header would work on the ZF and Porsche transmissioned cars correct?

Reason for the question is that I am working on getting a G50 now but want to keep options open on implementing a ZF should one come available..

Hey - it's -15f here today - nothing better to do than bug you! :)

The ZF trans is very low towards the rear of the car...the Porsche transaxle is not ....due to being turned upside down.
Sorry Randy..its not a one size fits all situation.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Fran - It helps to know you're there for us...

BTW - The reason I ask many questions here rather than phoning is because I truly believe in the value of these forums to help others as well..
Sort of an online FAQ.

More questions later! :)

LAMPE-HEADERS-002.jpg

Here are some custom headers Fran had built to fit the Yates heads. The primaries are bigger which created other problems. They turned out fantastic. Fran is doing some quality work up there! rockonsmile

Back