Customers car...

Here is a car that an RCR customer has built to fantastic standard....note the attention to detail on the Le Man single filler and doorhandles....also the FIRESTONE tyres.....

Outstanding job....

Attachments

• raym.jpg
    raym.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,378
  • raym1.jpg
    raym1.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 1,378
  • raym2.jpg
    raym2.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 1,350

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Fran,

To your knowledge, is the Corvette in the 2nd pic a replica as well? It sure does look similar to the one raced at Le Mans in '67...

T.

Fran

Superb construction. First finished RH drive RCR I've seen. Any chance of some internal pics, specially showing RH gear lever mounting?

This waiting for the house to sell is driving me nuts, seeing more finished cars isn't helping any either:mad: Good to talk to you on the phone again.

Soon......

Best

John

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hard to stop looking at it..

A couple of things that come to mind;
It does not appear that the hips have been flared - but it may be the camera angle / lighting.

The Corvette looks like a 4WD Truck alongside the 40... Having raced B/P Corvettes it makes me feel just a tad bit inadequate! :eek::D:eek:

Ron McCall

Supporter
OMFG!!! That car is BAD ASS!!!! What a great job!! That goes to show that the kits RCR are providing now are even better and more complete than the car I bought 2 yrs ago. Fran should be as proud of that as the owner is of the incredible job he did on this car!!!!

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Daaammmnnnnn that is sweet!!!!!rockonsmilerockonsmilerockonsmile

:mad: Urg.... another guy beat me to the finish line...:mad:

The rear has been flared 2 inches each side...

Ray will be receiving the new ZF specific shifter next week along with a few other patient guys.....(the joy of vendor supplied parts.......jeez)

There is quite a story behind the tyres...
they started life as NEW Mickey Thompson vintage tread pattern tyres but Ray removed the raised MT logo by hand and refinshed the sidewalls again by hand and then hand painted the Firestone logo and pinstripe....hows that for dedication .....I seems to remember 10 hours per tyre to get his desired look....and built the car in four months,....he has already had it at a car show.....you guys amaze me!!!!!!!rockonsmile

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Saved you a dime for the call Fran. Crebit it to my tab please.....:D

Here is the box mock assembled, with one of the cables in place. Also mounted up the bracket I fabricated just so you could see the intention. I may have gone a little overboard on the bracket....but I know the darn thing won't have any deflection...:D

The last pic is of the cable routing through the frame looking forward toward the bulkhead.

Let me know if I missed any views of interest boys....

Attachments

• P1090991.jpg
    P1090991.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,246
  • P1090992.jpg
    P1090992.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 1,225
  • P1090994.jpg
    P1090994.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,266
  • P1090995.jpg
    P1090995.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,205
  • P1090370.jpg
    P1090370.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,188
Thank you Sir....
the shift box can also be mounted by the base if required....hence the two lower tabs....

Glad to see you are paying attention to someone else beating you...other than Julie..:dead:

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
yea...yea....:p: can't get no respect around here (he says while pulling his shirt collor)

Back