Scratch built T70 mk3b

Ok, here goes nothing.. I'm wanting to build a t70 mk3b and can't believe the prices for just a model car to scale from. I have found a few not so good side view pics which will give me a start but can't find any info that will allow me to make the bulkheads to layout the body lines. Someone has got to have more complete drawings than the ones currently on the web. Any help would be great. Anyone know why such a awsome car has so little information?? If I were building a 917 I could already be laying the glass. There is plenty of information and drawings to go by on just about any car you want, except the t70 mk3b.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hello Barry !!
I don't know how the others feel about this, but I know I have many many thousands of dollars invested in the development of the Lola replicas, that I have. I know for a fact, that Fran has much more than I have invested in his development of his products. I only collect models of the Lola T70mkIIIb and currently have about 100 of them. I am pretty sure nobody is interested in giving away what we have so much time and money invested. I could be wrong, but that is my thoughts.

Regards Brian

Firstly welcome here, another Lola fan here is great.

See here for one amature approach, if you do not have access to 3d scanning technology. http://www.gt40s.com/forum/lola-t70-lounge/19604-canamsa-sa-stratch-build.html

If you are trying to save the expense of buying a model, you may as well give up now. I have over 10 times the cost of the model in the plug materials alone so far, even with getting the foam FREE and the plywood at recycled material costs. And the expense of the GRP materials still to come

Not trying to be rude, just stating my experience

Cheers

Fred W B

Last edited:
I'm with Fred & Brian on this Barry,but with a Forum Handle like MacGyver I am sure you will find a way :). Read Freds thread as suggested & get prepped for some hard work & rework & rework. There is no real easy way and there are a lot of wrong ways, you have a huge advantage on this forum of being able to look at the examples of Freds T70 & Des's GT90 projects along with others scattered thru the site to help you decide on whether to go down this road. Good Luck.

Jac Mac

This is a drawing made by me (Five views) of one of my passions, the Lola T70 MkIIIB. This is not a blueprint but only an illustration. You can find other versions and cars like GT40 and Porsches 910, 908 and 917, and my latest work - the 1969 Ferrari 312 P Coupe, at 1024x724. Public Home | Ibsenop | Fotki.com

Attachments

• Lola T70 MkIIIB_W-Fittipaldi.jpg
    Lola T70 MkIIIB_W-Fittipaldi.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 828
Yes, the information is starting to roll in now. I just picked up another piece of the puzzle... a TH425 tranny from a toronado. This should work fine for the small block chevy I have.rockonsmile

Back