team elite T70 and vintage footage

The only T70 I know of that is white with green stripe is Frank Syntners ex-Sid Taylor Racing Mk3b. Team elite's car was dark Blue, as Richard Meins SL76/144 is painted now. Don't think they ever ran a Mk3, only 3b. All Mk3's in both those vids. The Pale Green with Dark Green striped car in the Bonnier Crash Vis is the Team Bahamas car driven by Mike De Udy. Nothing currently painted in that scheme as far as I know. Hope this helps.

Darren

CRC Racecar Engineering

Richard Meins does not have SL76/144. He has a car constructed in the 1990's, and I understand that he knows this and I realize and appreciate that he is not the one posting that he has SL76/144.

Last edited:
Yep I know all that, But as Chris is based in the UK and prob more familiar with the racing scene over here than in the States I didn't want to overburden him with information that was irrelevant to the cars colour schemes. That was all. No slur on who owns what.

Darren

Wait a minute... I AM SPARTICUS and I OWN SL76/144 - only kidding Johan! Same problem exists in the Lotus 26R and 47 world....!

And that is why I got confused about the team elite scheme - because when they ran the elite and 47, they looked like this......

LM62-45.jpg

and this....

47GT07LMweb.jpg

Thanks for putting me straight Darren - still might do mine in white with a white stripe!

Cheers

Chris

Team Elite was Trevor Taylor's race team. Sid Taylor had Sidney Taylor racing with the livery you are thinking of. They collaborated occassionally. I am at the age where I am unsure of things I say until I go back and re-read books that I have since forgotten....

Hey Spartacus, I too am a fan of the white with green stripes...and it would really be neat with a slight green tint, ala coke bottle, to the windscreen and headlight covers.

Back