Mk2 Chassis

As its so quiet, I thought I'd post a couple of pics of what I've been up to at work this week. A bit of inspiration for all you budding Spyder builders out there.

Darren

Attachments

• dsc00176sml.jpg
    dsc00176sml.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 784
  • dsc00177sml.jpg
    dsc00177sml.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 700
  • dsc00178sml.jpg
    dsc00178sml.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 700

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Some very nice work there!!! Is the chassis powdercoated? The control arms are just works of art! :)

It is superb ! Tell us more ? I am curious as to the prep of the aluminum prior to the gray coat...
Also, did you use purple rivets ? (wink)

Hi guys.
Randy, Not powder coated just good old paint. Johan, all ali was 120 grit DA'd and etch primed. And yes, lots of purple rivets. Oh and it's SL71/24. Just had a full chassis resto and being reassembled by another preparer. Should look stunning when it hits the track this season. Gregg, the chassis in the background is a Mk3 SL73/110. haning a major overhaul before this season and the LM Classis.
I think that covers everyone for now.
Cheers chaps

Darren

Great pics, Darren - any chance you could post a few hundred more as the spyder and Mk3 progress?

Thanks!

I'll see what I can do. The Spyder has gone off to ba re-assembled elsewhere, as we've only done the chassis resto on it but the Mk3 coupe is in the shop for the duration. Supposed to be testing in March, and racing at Barcelona in april so should be progressing quite rapidly now.....

Cheers

Darren

Back