GTD Radiator wanted

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
Does anyone have a spare!!? one laying around or can they be repaired - need one for my GTD as it is pretending to be a colander at the mo :(

or know of a good, reasonably priced supplier that is known to fit?

Richard,
Don't waste time trying to replace it with another GTD radiator - the replacement will eventually fail as well.
Instead, contact Mel Johnson at Docking Engineering of Silverstone (01327 857164) and ask him to make you up a GT40 radiator.
It's the same size as the GTD item, but being made of aluminium weighs a fraction of the GTD and will be much more reliable when mounted on rubber bushes.
Mel normally takes 2 or 3 weeks to make one up, and will take you round the shop when you go to collect it. Some of their stuff is a work of art.

Tony

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Richard

Give me a call on 01562 820372. We have rads available in copper and aluminium available off the shelf.

Thanks

Andy

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
just a quick update.
Have taken the motor to Southern GT. They had an Ally Radiator in stock, could do the mods necessary fairly quick and being (relatively) close, could fit at a competitive price.

Once again thanks for all your offers of help.

RichardH

AKA The Mad Hat Man
Just a big "Thank you" to Southern GT.

Did the work necessary, quickly and competantly, matched the Rad price from somewhere else, replaced a couple of Air con hoses that were a bit iffy, at the same time.
Also, above and beyond the call of duty, helped fix a blown ns front indicator bulb and the rear fog lamp before I drove it away. At no extra charge.

I cant comment about other GT40 manufs/builders in the UK, as I havent been to any, but these guys CARE and that says something in todays market.

Long may you prosper.

Back