Anyone got a knackered 302 Ally Water Pump

i thought about doing that but had no pump. Anyway i made an ally plate with 3/4 plumbing fixtures. Check out my build thread or pop a request on here for photos.

I have spare stock ally i used so could manufacture another, getting quite good on my milling machine now...the more i do the better i should get.

Sunday will be mostly making anti-roll bars!!!!!!

Oh and i think i may have a pump if you want it, no good to me now!!

Ant,
I originally did the same with Ally plate and had bosses onto the timing cover, but that was when I had a Meziere pump with twin outlets. Unfortunately one of their employees 'never received it' when I sent it back for reconditioning so I was left with just the housing. So I have now opted for a Davies Craig unit. I know a lot of people have debated the pluses and minuses of said unit, but that is what I have. Unfortunately, it only as it has only a single outlet/inlet, I have to find a way to mix the water from either side of the block in a neficient way, and I thought why not use an old water pump with the impellor removed and welded up. Personally, I'd like to try an ally one; whilst I have an original cast iron pump, it still weighs a bit. Thanks for the pffers all. I'll follow-up.

Brett

I am also building around the Davies Craig Unit. My plate has 3/4 BSP female threads (Taps of EBAY for less than 10quid) and so purchased s/s 3/4 BSP male/male coupler from a plumbers merchant and will use washing machine hose for mock up as these hoses are only rated to around 85deg and then source s/s braided hose that has a higher temp rating. as for splitting the flow, use 3/4 plumbing fittings/ 35mm copper pipe/silicone hose to cobble it together whilst trying to make it look neat and tidy.

I am near M3/M4 berkshire, so Essex isn't too far if you want to pick the pump up and an/or tyre kick a solution with plumbing catalogues...

Back