Hello

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Just wanted to say hi, and that this site has now become the most popular site I visit when wasting perfectly good hours at the computer. I do not have a GT40, nor any mid-engine vehicle, but since I was a kid, I do remember the GT40's when they first came out, and even at 10 years of age, I knew there was something special about that car. Anyway, I do love the Ford history with the Coupe, Cobra, R models, and GT along with other exotica. My ongoing, never-ending project is a '71 240Z with a SBF (was a high reving 289, but after 15 years of little torque and lots of horsepower, I recently replaced it with a stroked 351W (383) that I am all a-twitter with it's vast torque curve).
I fabricated just about everything possible on the car, which is why I enjoy this site with the build and fabrication skills periodically displayed. I eventually will get rid of this car and start on a mid-engine of some sorts, and already am developing ideas on the hardware, thanks to you folks. My goal is one of two: Either a CanAm replica, or a Gurney Weslake replica (My passion is the '60s styles and it will most likely be the F1 replica with a V8).

Attached is a few photos of my current project. It is NOT meant to be a Coupe replica. It does emulate the Coupe's valid air flow design, but this was to reduce the lifting I experienced when I used to race on the track (which was horrendous prior to my fabrication of the fiberglass body). As a Ford fan, I've had LeMans stripes on just about every car I've owned, and couldn't bear to not have them on this project. It has a homemade body, G-Force upgraded WC-T5 (awesome gears BTW), C5 front rotors with Outlaw calipers, front Supra rotors on the rear with outlaw calipers, 930 CVs and axles, and a host of other things too numerous to waste your time with.

I visited with Mike Trusty the other day and only recently realized he monitors this forum (which was expected being his involvement in his own GT40) .

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Last edited:

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Terry,
Welcome.
Must admit......that's got to be the coolest looking Z I have ever seen.

Hi Terry,

Must the 240Z goes like stink, and like you, back in the late 1960s, I dreamed of driving a canam car on the road, just to blow off the hot GTOs, SS396, and 427 Vettes !!!

Welcome.
Best
Dom

Ron Earp

Admin
As a Z racer and enthusiast, welcome! That is one nice Z you have there, fantastic! Love to see under the hood and the interior of your car. Veeeeeeeeery nice!

Attachments

• 800Z.jpg
    800Z.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 242
  • Earp on track email.jpg
    Earp on track email.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 194

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Ditto on the COOLEST Z-Car I've ever seen as well!!!!

Well DONE!

Welcome to GT40s!!

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
This is the engine. I am currently manipulating the bracing, hood, linkage, and manifold of a 48 IDA set-up that I got for a steal. After reading the past posts on this forum about the probably IDA shortfalls in regards to this displacement and RPM, I decided to make some changes including a "plenum" spacer on each bank to help alleviate some of that restriction. Again, it's just an old but strong desire to run the Webers finally.

standard.jpg

Awesome Z.

I have owned a 260 and a 240 with a 280 block myself.

Also, Ross Nicol raced a 240 as well (before getting into his RF GT40).

Ian

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Were are you located in AR? I live in Gravette, 17 miles from Bentonville, if your close drive on over and we'll share car stories. I have a good collection of stuff. Very NICE ride you have!

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Hi Jack,

Periodically I travel to Fayetteville and would love to visit. I'll keep you in mind on my next trip through there.

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Impressive Z! I'm a big fan having owned two 240s, one with triple webers and another with a turbo. I always hated trying to remove those damn cross pins in the rear suspension!

Back