ya big tease Dean.....

Comeon.... Where's the VID???

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Cool Video!!!!

So did you intentionally blow through the cones before NASCAR T-1?

Sounded like something rattling there at the end.. Sway bar?

What were you running for tires?

I'm looking forward to playing around a bit on the track with mine but I know I'm going to need better rubber...

Randy, the rattling is an ignition problem. The alternator quit charging and I barely made it back. The car was not running well after I crossed the finish line. The transponder sensor is at the start/finish so if you are on the last lap, you can carry more speed and just blow through the cones. It might make a 10th of a difference on the time.

JacMac, I am in 3rd and 4th on the track. I should consider using fifth, maybe? I am at 7500 to 7800 rpm's on the front straight.

Thanks a heap for the video Dean. Really helps me get out into the workshop to continue setting up my suspension on a sunny Sunday morning in Australia!

Randy, the rattling is an ignition problem. The alternator quit charging and I barely made it back. The car was not running well after I crossed the finish line. The transponder sensor is at the start/finish so if you are on the last lap, you can carry more speed and just blow through the cones. It might make a 10th of a difference on the time.

JacMac, I am in 3rd and 4th on the track. I should consider using fifth, maybe? I am at 7500 to 7800 rpm's on the front straight.

On that track I doubt it would be worth it unless you find a magic 5 to 10 mph on the banking- the extra time taken to shift from 5th to 3rd would negate the effort. A slightly larger tire dia @ the rear might help to reduce rpm slightly if you spend all your track time there. Guess thats the 'weak' spot in the ZF, ratio changes are a bit of a mission. I also got the feeling that the diff might be a bit tight while watching the vid, car just didnt look absolutely settled to me, but your the guy with butt in the seat.

Jac, I think I need a few clicks less rebound dampening on the rear. I feel like there is a little hop on full throttle. It doesn't seem to squat down and go but it is all in the fine tuning. What would a tight diff feel like?

Coming off the banking it looks like it has a very slight push / understeer, you would feel it as a sensation that you have to maintain a bit of left lock steering effort onto the straightaway for longer than necessary. The relatively high speed at this point means that aero effects will tend to push the rear down and possibly a bit of front lift at this point of the track, the aero wont show on the slower corners where you have reserves of HP to steer it on the throttle if reqd.

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Sounds tough Dean.
Seems you are dialed in with the in car vid. What did you do?

Back