RCR roll cage steel gauge

Interesting isn't it that a person who hails from the old dart is corrected on the use of an incorrect piece of spelling by someone from a country who do their collective best to butcher the language at every opportunity. I think that is priceless.

And wouldn't Fran be the person to contact re the thickness of the steel?

cheers

Murray

Andy, for sure Fran can tell you the correct thickness and diameter. From what I remember (this may be somewhat dated), the FIA requires the following:

for cars 1501 - 2500 pounds
material will be DOM/Alloy steel/seamless mild steel (no aluminum or ERW steel tubing).
dia 1.75" thickness not less than .120"
dia 1.625" thickness not less than .1875"
Usually, a .1875 inspection hole is drilled into the main hoop.
from FIA 15.5.15 (as I say, it may be dated).
there are also requirements for mounting/mounting plates, etc.

Andy, if racing its usually permissible & often specified to drill a hole in the cage @ some point for the purpose of checking by the tech guys. Find out from your own motorsport authority where to drill the hole then measure it, then you will know for sure.

Murray/molleur, did send fran a pm but ive not had a reply, Jac mac thanks, its not what i needed the gauge for, i want to order some new pipe, for the cage, cut the tube today, its 1.5 OD and 1.25 ID thanks again. Andy

Interesting isn't it that a person who hails from the old dart is corrected on the use of an incorrect piece of spelling by someone from a country who do their collective best to butcher the language at every opportunity. I think that is priceless.

Whoa... I was answering him, as you no I didn't no he'd misused know.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Andy.

no emails from you ....

although I am doing most everything through my phone while at the show...tubing is 1.5 inch OD seamless DOM...(drawn over mandrel) with 0.125 wall thickness.... per the US spec SCCA rules for a car under 2500lbs...

Back