swaybar....

how come i dont see this setup more for cars that see street time?
i cant think of any cons to doing it this way.
(i know its not "vintage.")
my car will see plenty of street time so i figure the extra clearance should help.
comments?

Attachments

• DSC00828.jpg
    DSC00828.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 398
  • DSC00830.jpg
    DSC00830.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 297
  • DSC00831.jpg
    DSC00831.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 323
Interesting. Changing the angle that much changes the effectiveness of the swaybar by an unknown amount. (SPF rear swaybars are totally screwed up, as they are supposed to be horizontal, parallel with the ground, and instead the angle down at a 45 degree angle, and the front sway bars are screwed up because the splines aren't deep enough so the arms are free to spin merrily on the swaybar itself without actually twisting it).

Have you checked for proper clearance between the swaybar and the shock/spring through the full range of suspension travel? I'd be afraid with your current setup that under full compression, the piece between the bar and the end link would whang the shock/spring. :eek:

Having studied and learned from Mike Trusty's car, I can say that one of the first things I'll do (or have done) when I finally get my SPF (years from now) will be to throw both front and rear swaybar systems (to include the chassis mounts) over the hedge, and install proper original-style hardware from Cushman or Safir. Why SPF chose to deviate from original in this department is unclear to me. Why they chose to deviate *badly* and create designs with built-in flaws is beyond my comprehension. :huh:

Interesting. Changing the angle that much changes the effectiveness of the swaybar by an unknown amount. (SPF rear swaybars are totally screwed up, as they are supposed to be horizontal, parallel with the ground, and instead the angle down at a 45 degree angle, and the front sway bars are screwed up because the splines aren't deep enough so the arms are free to spin merrily on the swaybar itself without actually twisting it).

Have you checked for proper clearance between the swaybar and the shock/spring through the full range of suspension travel? I'd be afraid with your current setup that under full compression, the piece between the bar and the end link would whang the shock/spring. :eek:

Having studied and learned from Mike Trusty's car, I can say that one of the first things I'll do (or have done) when I finally get my SPF (years from now) will be to throw both front and rear swaybar systems (to include the chassis mounts) over the hedge, and install proper original-style hardware from Cushman or Safir. Why SPF chose to deviate from original in this department is unclear to me. Why they chose to deviate *badly* and create designs with built-in flaws is beyond my comprehension. :huh:

all we did was attach to the hiem joint above rather than below....we dont think this will impact the swaybar in a negative way.

yes, we checked for clearance....no contact fully compressed.

if we experience a problem it takes abt 20 minutes to put them back the way spf delivers them.

Back