How to set up 01E Cable Shifter

Hello,

i have the shifter system from GTracing uk for my 01e gearbox. But no real idea how to set this thing up right to get it running the way it should… The great thing is you dont get any informations from the selling Company.

Anyone get the system dialed in right ??
would be great to get some help.

IMG_0961.jpeg

1695024987591.png

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I’m not going to be a great help with this particular shifter setup, but can offer some universal cable shifter tips below:
1) make any bends or curves with the largest radius possible.
2) stay clear as possible of heat sources and shield when necessary.
3) once installed, make sure your cables are anchored tightly along their path. Any movement of the cable jacket during operation will result in a loss of movement at the other end, thereby causing an imprecise shifter.

Hi Max

Did you get this sorted out?

I have the same setup at my garage table at the moment waiting to be installed, I could need some details of the assembly.

Thanks, Sami

Ironically this is the very same product I bought from mark - it doesn’t work ( unless I’m missing something? ) there simply doesn’t seem to be enough side to side play to accurately select the 1to 2slot 3-4 slot etc-

I binned that shifter short after I bought it, couldn't throw it from left to right without bending the shifter.
Ending up with a Toyota MR2 shifter box soon after which is easy to set up.
Running a Citroën transaxle which needs some force to shift.

Back