MKIV J11 J12 where are they?

Hi all New guy here, as I posted in the intro section I worked on these two cars at CP Autokraft back in the 80's and was wondering where are they now? I would love to see them if they are in the USA I do have some photo's of them being built at Brooklands but I need to scan them 1st.

How did they hash out which was 11 or 12 when we were building them it was a bit "changeable" depending who was around.........

I think the 2 owners as they were being completed made an agreement and set each with a designated number. eems like George Stauffer had 1 of the 2 at the time.

Yes I remember that the two owners were Rod leach and George Stauffer, I seem to recall that the Leach car was goig to a Colin Crabb? although it was 20 odd years ago! Does anybody want to see the Photo's I have during the year I was involved with the cars?

I would love to see these photos as I saw the car at Farnborough being painted Red while it was at Duncan Hamiltons in Bagshot in the mid 80's. However my question is about the Rod Leachs car J-12 why is the windows and the side roofline not parallel with the body was the front windscreen an actual MKIV one? The Red George Stauffers car looks right but the White Rod Leachs does not. Does anyone know the reason??
Regards Allan

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
J11 and 12 were at Autokraft in May of 1985 when I went to see my first batch of AC Mk IVs being built. Brian asked me if I wanted to buy one, but I didn't even ask the price, you knaow what they say..."if you have to ask......................

OK How do I post pictures? is it off forum hosting only? I hope not, as a paid up Ludite it will take me ages to post 'em.................

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
They were farther along in May 85 when I saw them. The pictures I have show one with suspension and other bits attached. I'll get them scanned and posted.

Last edited:

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Not these chassis, these were unfinished units from the original run, in fact they are early "J" style tubs with the rounded lower flanks unlike, say J5 or J6 with the "squared off" lower. The Can-Am units were J8 and 9 if I recall, don't have the "bible" here.

Squared flanks? do you have a picture? I would assume this was for ease of manufacture as the round profile had to specialy formed for the MKIV where as the rest was just flat honeycomb.............PS How do I post pictures in a thread???

Back