MKIV J11 J12 where are they?

After the MKIV program cam to an end Ford had four "J" car chassis left. J-9 was built as a Can Am "prototype" but never raced. J-10 was finished as a Can Am car by the Agapou brothers and raced. J-11 and J-12 were finished much later. All four chassis were part of the run of 12 chassis initially constructed to pursue Ford's goal of winning at LeMans.

All had rounded sills. After seeing the Chaparrals, Ford added panels to sides of J-5, 6, 7 & 8 as run in 67 at LeMans. The round sills are covered in those four cars.

Jim

Last of the pictures that I have are posted in the gallery. I should have a load more but are probably moulding away up in the loft........

These were all taken in 1982-83 this was at the time Brian Anglis (Autokraft) was working with Ford on a aluminium monocoque V8 tubbed sports car, What ever happened to that? These were fun times for me I was a Trained Rolls-Royce man taking an enforced leave of absense and wound up in the Cobra and GT40 culture thing! Safir engineering was next door building military and bespoke Range Rovers and of course the continuation GT40's. used to watch Jim hand form pieces of tub and weld them in all seemed a bit daft at the time!! How did they end up in south Afrika? Brooklands at that time was still little more than a dissused airfield with a looong runway. Panther were still there then as well building the Kallista, as well as Superman.........All the flying scenes with christopher Reeve were filmed in the big hanger, used to see him running the banking in the morning's.............................

The car is stunning! You are very lucky to be part of that. The color white is pretty neat on that car. Cool stuff! What did you do with the Andretti back? It appeared to pulled off the crashed car. I hope you or someone kept it original.

Last edited:
The Andretti back end was I believe repaired and used as a mould to produce the bodys used, or at least that was the plan but that all happened after I left. all the body panel's we had appeared to be test pieces of one sort or another different nose configurations and stuff.

Back