RCR and the Final Four!

Going to the men's college basketball Final Four in Detroit this weekend thanks to the Tar Heels winning today. What else is in Detroit? Why, RCR of course! And Fran says I can stop by. Can't wait for both activities!

--Donnie

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
As I said before, don't forget to drop your checkbook at the front counter before entering the shop. Just sign it on the way out and then you're all good. ;)

Last time I was there I got to see an early SL-C and SL-R. I thought long and hard about the SL-C, but in the end chose the 917K instead. I still change my mind occasionally and even sort of wish I had done a GT40 just to have that same era car in something more streetable. But I think I'll have the 917K a long time and have a lot of fun with it, it'll just be more occasional fun.

Thought long and hard about the SL-R, and might still eventually get one. But for now I wanted to play with something a little different, so I got an EL-R. It should have been done a long time ago (nudge, nudge!), but at this point I'm fine as long as I get it home in the next few weeks to enjoy for the summer. Definitely hoping to take it to VIR for a club day or something, and maybe try to set an electric car lap time record or something. :)

But one thing I know is that in the current economy, I'm not going to be putting any more deposits down right now. I've also got a tow-rig habit to feed, and have irons in that fire right now that are consuming available resources. Let's just say I take delivery of one of the nicest TAG stacker trailers you've ever seen next week. Then there's the coach I'm having built that will have room to house four people *and* will have a two car garage inside it with a liftgate on the back.

--Donnie

It appears that you have a full plate. a bit jealous about your new coach!
I visited to see the proto SL-C, and when I saw the development 917 bodywork nearly changed my mind. But alas, I wanted a street car and the 917 is not a practical solution for that. I subsequently ordered my SL-C. Have fun!

Here is a link to the floorplan for the coach. It's built on a new Volvo 670 chassis with a VED13 engine and Freedomline two pedal automatic. If you've never driven a truck like this but have experience in anything else, let me just tell you it's awesome. Nothing is as quiet as a diesel pusher, but you're not going to put two cars on top of the diesel in the back of a pusher, either. And it is more quiet than any other solution out there, including an F-350, MDTs, etc.

My friends joke that I only race to feed my tow rig habit. ;)

--Donnie

Molleur,

If you ever are looking into the coach arena there are lots of options on a budget. I picked up a converted bus for 10,500 last year and then just freshened it up on the inside and got it caught back up on some defered maintenance. I have a total of $17,000in it. Here is a directory with before and after shots

Index of /timb/Flx

Tim

Donnie,
I look forward to seeing that 917 at VIR. Just got back from day two of Bertil Roos, one more day tomorrow. Heaven on earth!
Best, -J.

Made it to Detroit safe and sound. The 12 hour car ride sucked, but I talked to some folks who flew and it took them 12 hours from the same place, too, thanks to delays and issues. So our choice wasn't so bad.

Go Heels! But I'm pulling for UConn in the first game. We beat MSU by 35 in the same building already this season, but that was way early in the season and MSU didn't have near the crowd in the arena that they would they were to win tomorrow. So I'll be pulling for UConn in the first game (it really should be us vs them in the championship with both teams having spent so much time at #1 this season) and then for the Heels the rest of the way.

But the big deal is to win the first game, obviously. That way I don't have to waste the tickets to the Bobcats/Pistons game I got for Sunday and so I can visit with Fran. I'll *probably* stick around Sunday for that stuff even if we lose tomorrow, the more I think about it.

--Donnie

Fran, sent email, but didn't hear back. Damn your spam filter! :) Hoping to be at your shop at 2pm on Sunday. You gonna be able to be there?

--Donnie

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Donnie,

I fear he's a busy boy these days. I'm having the same dificult time getting a phone call returned or an email...

Come to think about it, if you have a camera with you and it's convenient, I'd be awfully grateful if you'd take a few firewall and engine install shots of a certain Linden Green 40 in the RCR shop. Shoot me a PM and will provide an email address to send to.

Great games yesterday - Monday should be interesting!

Best,

T.

Back