Cadwell Park Sunday 19th...

I'm off to Cadwell Park this weekend with a car competing in the HSCC Roadsports Class.

The car is a 65 TVR Griffith and is being driven by owner Julian Dodd, who qualified on the front row, came podium second and also set fastest race lap two weeks ago at Round 1 - Donington.

If anyone is going, do pop by and say hello - white car with no '65' on doors.

Entry list

Well - had a fun weekend despite the outcome. Julian managed to qualify 5th on the grid, some 3 seconds amiss from pole which was primarily due to not getting a clear run due to traffic... Still that's the way it goes...

Then, in the race, his start was just awesome! - he jumped from 5th on 3rd row to leading by about 30 yds before the first corner! - it was great!

He then had the angry Lotus Elans, 'buzzing at his heels' for the next 6 laps which made an awesome sight. He'd pull away on the climbing power sections and then ease up at a couple of places so they couldn't get a run on him... Clever!

However, it all came to end a lttle early, Lap 7 after one of the Elans 'nudged' his rear causing a levely full lock slide that he recovered from - still holding the lead but alas not for long as the impact had clouted the fuelpump wiring such that it's fuse blew, killing the feed to the pump..:cry:

Oh well, we live to fight another day.... just gotta find that glass-fibre resin now..

Oh and hi again to Roger Allen of Mountune Racing, who dropped by to say hello after seing the thread. Nice to speak to you and your friend (sorry, terrible with names) and I hope all goes well with your RCR build. If we have any issues with Bjorn's Roush I know who to speak to this side of the pond...... (only kiddin! :laugh:)

Oh and one last thing, having never been to Cadwell, I had not realised how much climb/dive there was till I got there and even better, the Clerk of the Course very kindly took me round in the course car for a lap to look see. Boy do I fancy getting behind the wheel there now...:thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_0353.JPG
    IMG_0353.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 185
Hi Paul,

Good to meet you too - it was also my first time at Cadwell having had Donington cancelled where we were running with Formula Palmer Audi and the SPEED series so I was able to take up an invite from the HSCC. What a lovely and very well presented circuit. I met up with one of my old hillclimbing pals Dave Abbott who was helping out with an historic Elva Formula Junior with a 3 cylinder DKW 2 stroke parked next door to your Tuscan which was an amazing coincidence. Your 289 in the Tuscan looked and went very well indeed until the 'nudge'.

Thanks for looking up our website it's bit of date but the new one is coming together. It will mention our new parent company Revolve Technologies who bought the Roush interest - it's actually the Roush Europe management and not much has changed.

kind regards

Roger

Back