SLC Interior Bits

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
I received a couple of large boxes filled with parts from Fran and RCR this past week - thank you Fran and Vicki! I haven't had a chance to start working on my SLC yet but I thought some of you may appreciate seeing the interior pieces. It will be obvious from the photos that I haven't trimmed them to fit.....but they actually fit VERY well right out of the box! I had previously received the inner door liners and the center console pieces so they aren't included here. The new pieces include the upper firewall liner, A-pillar liners, and the headliner piece. I haven't yet decided on how to channel the air from the front air inlet on the roof. Should it go to the engine, interior, or both? The fiberglass headliner piece is a shell so it is up to the owner. I'm leaning toward the interior (an exhaust vent is needed somewhere to allow airflow through the cockpit) with a perforated cover for the engine bay. Anyway, here are the pictures....well done Fran and RCR!

Dave L

Attachments

• A-Pillar 2.jpg
    A-Pillar 2.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 587
  • Firewall Cover.jpg
    Firewall Cover.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 542
  • Headliner Front 1.jpg
    Headliner Front 1.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 527
  • Headliner Rear.jpg
    Headliner Rear.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 535
Thanks for the photos i've been wondering how these pieces fit together. Is there any chance of gettin caught in a rainstorm in MN, driving the slc? If so you might want to put the vents high up the sides of the headliner if you vent them to the main cabin.

I plan to make an additional FRP part that splits the headliner part. Engine air and
cockpit ventilation. Do be mindful of water intrusion.

Jack,
A buddy said (while looking at the rear tires) "don't worry about driving that thing in the rain, because if somebody spits on the road in front of you, you're going to spin".

I guess that gets me out of worring about "water intrusion" eh?

Back